"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Five Senses (a poem, thoughts)

The Five Senses
Written January 29th, 2012
If I lost my sense of sight, I could never see the faces of the ones I love,
I could never see the wonders of the world.
If I lost my sense of touch, I could never feel the kiss of my true love,
Or the touch of my child’s hand to my cheek.
If I lost my sense of taste, I could never enjoy my father’s cooking,
Or open my mouth when hiking to sample the pine and soil in the air.
If I lost my sense of smell, I would have no desire to trake the leaves in the fall,
I could never know the comfort of my mother’s perfume.
If I lost my sense of hearing, I could never revel in the music that gives me breath,
Or the sound of “I love you” spoken by someone special.
So if you asked me to pick between them,
That I could only keep one,
I would ask you to put me under,
Because I do not have the strength or will
To carry on with just one of the five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment