"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Drop of Water (a poem)

A Drop of Water

I am a little drop of water
Falling from the sky,
In a thunderstorm,
And I land in a stream,
Which gets wider and turns into a river,
Where boats ride past me
And the other water droplets
Until the water comes to a waterfall,
The boats branch off to another part of the river,
And I keep going
And fall of the edge,
With all the other water drops
And I am flying with my comrades
Until I land at the bottom
And we pick up speed,
My friends and I,
While we watch people
Watching us
As we flash by in a heartbeat
Until suddenly I am emptied into a bigger water body;
A beautiful bay
Where I sparkle under the sun,
But it doesn't end there,
the other water drops and I keep going
As we find a current
But the sun gets hotter,
And there are no clouds to block its rays,
And I get boiling hot
I become air and I am lifted to the sky
Leaving all of my friends behind,
I want to cry,
But I am evaporated
And the clouds collect me
And carry me away,
Until I become water again
And I am falling to the ground
But I land plunk
Into a stream againAnd once more I am happy,
Maybe this time around
I'll make it to the ocean

2 comments:

  1. interesting :) loved visiting your blog. would come back in leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... loved the imagery here. Thanks for the comments on my blog and the invite to yours!

    ReplyDelete