"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Friday, November 4, 2011

Oblivion (a poem)

Oblivion
Written October 30th, 2011
The music fills the air around me
I can see the beat pulsing free
The particles vibrating
Dancing, quaking, shaking in time
Pupils dilate
Fingers tap, feet thump

The sound waves flood my ears
And smash through my drums
Fill my head and embrace my brain
The rhythm singes the synapses
And sets fire to my burning neurons
I shiver as electric currents
Sizzle down my spine

A cascade of tones and keys
Invade my bloodstream
And my veins throb with the beat
I can feel the notes bonding
Fusing with my red blood cells
The sweet infection blooms
From the tips of my fingers
To the ends of my toes

Plugged into the music
It fills me
Surrounds me
And replaces the oxygen in my lungs
I drift into peaceful oblivion

Music gives me purpose
Music gives me life

---
This poem describes how I feel when I listen to techno/dubstep


No comments:

Post a Comment