"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Friday, April 13, 2012

Premature Rose (a poem)

Premature Rose
Written April 12th, 2012

A twisted malformed highway meanders inside
Coated in shattered glass and broken things
My legs are strong and carry me in stride
In my pretty head a free mind gives me wings

Elegant skin glows with soft sunlight
A picture of fortune and health on the outside
Yet on this paper I finally speak of a fright
I feel when the twists and pains leer on the inside

I grit my teeth, pretend it’s not there
I may as well run from my shadow at dusk
There’s no place I can go beyond its stare
I fear the inner scent of death and musk

When that spark in me seizes and grows
Will he drag across the broken glass roads
For me to shed premature in a flood of rose
Leaving me empty and alone to write mournful odes?

With wide supple hips I am so fertile and robust
Yet these menacing inner pains make me fear
That truly I am constructed of twisted dead rust
I will walk strongly on without a single tear

Until I must face that awful truth at last
When I find my arms empty in some distant year


No comments:

Post a Comment