"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Monday, August 1, 2011

Magic and Mystery (a poem)

Magic and Mystery
Written August 1st, 2011
Your compelling eyes; a strange marine color
Flirt with my skin
Settling on my neck, my lips, my eyes,
And then start again
Without a single drop of wine
I'm drunk, it seems
Blissfully happy, lacking complete thought
The world and its problems;
They don't matter so much today
When you and I occupy the same space
It all just fades away...
You must be a wizard
A strange inhuman being
For your fingers are charged with fire
Leaving behind a pleasant burning
Wherever they go
You're something otherworldly
A unique and shimmering soul; this I know


Perhaps you are a gypsy
You walked into this door
But it's double-hinged;
And you could just as easily leave
You scare me, and intrigue me
And it's hard to keep my guard
When you hold me this close
It won't be long now before I fall
Close my eyes and let go
I can only hope that you'll join me
Perhaps you're a genie; waiting to trick me

I see the contentment on your face
And I feel my own, bubbling in my heart
While we hide from the outside
In this soft embrace
I suspect you're an angel
But only time can tell
If I'm right or wrong
I know you must be something
For there is a strange and magical light in your eyes
Twin pools of turquoise and marine
Burning with a passion, resilient and fiery

I've made it my purpose
To unravel your mystery

---
For Billy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment