"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

(Dear Marius) My Little Morning Bird (a poem, a dedication)

Dear Marius
My Little Morning Bird
Written July 5th, 2011

My little morning bird
You always have a song to sing
Your voice and love of the day
A smile to my face will bring

My little morning bird
Always waiting for me
When I’m tired and stressed
The tunes you sing livelier than my coffee

My little morning bird
So happy and ecstatic beneath the sun
You have too much love in one heart
Your friendship brings confidence before my day has hardly begun

My little morning bird
You’ve taught me much about life
You’ve helped me grow tall and strong
Showed me how to smile, no matter the strife

My little morning bird
Bursting with music from the heart
Filled with such contagious joy
You loved me from the start

My little morning angel
Thanks for showing me how to love the day
Bestowed me with laughter and gave me song
A true friend in every way.

---
Mikey, it's been a while since I've written something, but you're on my mind all the time. I was just about to fall asleep, and I was thinking of you. It occured to me how much I miss seeing you in the mornings, perhaps one of the things I miss most of all. I jumped right out of bed and ran for my notebook, and this poem is the result. I am not a morning person by any means, and I spent much of my life dreading going to school every day. But, my dear Marius, you were in both of my first period classes, and I could not have asked for a better set up. You were always so alive and bubbly in the morning, and you were always waiting with a smile and a million stories to tell and a hand to hold. You made me look forward to getting up in the morning, and I nearly danced into those school doors every day. You loved me so unconditionally, and the feeling was truly mutual. You were the one being I wanted to see every day, first thing. Thank you, so much.
"You made me feel so at ease, like I didn't have anything to hide from you. Thank you for making me feel comfortable, Cosette. You forever changed my life." -Michael Hall
And you, my Marius, forever changed mine.
For a while I've wanted to add a poem to the series that does not touch on his death at all. Before Mikey passed away, he had started to bug me to write something about him. Maybe a poem, or to put him in a story. Believe me, I wanted to, and had planned on it. I just had not written anything before his death. And every time I've sat down to write a new addition to the Dear Marius series, I hated that I was writing because of his death. So, I have finally written a poem that I feel reflects him and our friendship before April 23rd, 2011 at around 10:30 at night. I imagine I might have eventually written something like this were he still here today.
As always, I love you Marius, forever and a day. I'm so happy your ashes are in France where you wanted them to be. My heart sang when I heard the news. You will forever have a place in my heart, dear.
-Faith
  



1 comment:

  1. This I think is by far the best poem in this series...It is not a sad or a memory poem but one that shows the reader what he was like and how he affected you..Great flow and rhyme and the love shows in this piece...Well written my friend..Through your words I know a little about Mikey

    ReplyDelete