"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Monday, April 25, 2011

(Dear Marius) Auditorium (a poem, dedication)

Dear Marius
Auditorium
Written April 26th, 2011
It is dark
But we are all here
It is dark
But we are not scared
The audience seats
Are just shadowy shapes
Empty, from what we can see
But it is dark
So we can’t know for sure
Can we?
Some sit on the stage
The stage
Where you danced
And sang shamelessly
I sat in the audience that night
I was so proud of you
I always was.

I sit at the bench
Fingers at the keys
Smooth, soft, pristine
I press one, two
They don’t sing
They way they did
When you pushed them
But you pressed them all
At least once
So each crisp note
I hear in the air
Is not as beautiful
But still familiar
Each little sigh
Released from the strings
Holds a little piece of you
So while I cry
And want to scream
Because my clumsy fingers
Won’t mimic yours
I still press them
I still press them,
Your keys.

The keys to my heart
You are still playing them

It is dark
But we are all here
It is dark
But we are not scared
Because we know you’re there
Sitting in the audience
Loving the simple notes we play
More than the intricate symphonies
That were in your head every day

---
Mikey, I've found so far I feel closest to you in the auditorium. For the auditorium, it holds the very essance of your soul, I think. You're just everywhere, aren't you? Well, this is for you, Marius, and all our friends who spent time there today, in the pitch black, soaking up your presence. You were there, we felt you, we knew. And that's exactly why we were there. To be with you.
I remember this picture. You hit a disgusting chord in a song you were playing, and it grossed you right out :) You hated that fricken chord. And we just had to take a picture of your face. It was epic :) I love you Mikey <3




4 comments:

  1. FAIIITTTHHHH!!!!! You are amazing :)
    -Purple Head-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am. Lol, jk. But no, Mikey is truly the amazing one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey faith :)
    it's Elisabeth Ann Huber! aka Mama Bear.

    I love this poem, it really expresses what I was feeling sitting there as well. I know the auditorium was your special place with Mikey but I'm glad your open to letting others 'feel' him there.
    Love you! let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh Liz, we all love him so much, who am I to say who deserves to be in there and who doesn't? The auditorium is an embodiment of him, I think, and who he was. Being in there is memorial for all of us, because the auditorium is just everything he was. I'd be a terrible person if I kept that all to myself. Not to mention a terrible friend. Thank you for reading, and taking the time to comment :)
    Love,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete