"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Anymore (a poem)

Anymore
Written May 31st, 2011
You sneak up on my mind
Like a salesman on a house
You get your foot I the door
And then I can’t push you out

Memories of laughs and smiles
Sweet things in my ears
But you had a mask on all the while
As you claimed me more and more

I love with all I’ve got
You knew this, you abused this
Lifted me high then left me to rot
But now I’m stronger than ever

So lock up the memories
And hide them away
You’re not the face
I want to see today
You gave me all I ever wanted
Helped me grow wings on which to fly
Then took it all back; no warning
Amputated my wings and watched me drop from the sky
Why do you keep showing up
At my mind’s door?
In case you didn’t notice:
You’re not welcome here anymore.

You cut my dreams, ruined me
Or so I thought
But now my heart is open and flying free
I can have wings without you

He’s here for me now
Holding me tight; making me glow
He’s showing me how
To trust again

I hope you both come back someday
So we can look at each other and laugh,
Him and I, and walk away
Leave you in the dust while we grow stronger

Because in case you didn’t notice:
You’re not welcome here anymore.


2 comments:

  1. A poem written to somebody not welcome anymore..It could flow a little better but your emotions and the message in this is clear...Well written my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! My first visit, will visit you again. I am a new follower. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts.Interesting poem. Congratulations for your work. If you wish to follow back that would be great I'm at http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete