"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Saturday, May 7, 2011

Discovering You (a poem)

Discovering You
Written May 1st, 2011
A quiet adoring smile
And bright unique eyes
Peering out at me
From strands of long hair
Falling down over the face
I have come to admire.

I see hopeful days up ahead
That I thought were lost to me
The feelings inside I thought were dead
Open up in a wide blue sea

The electric look you send
When I carefully take your hand
A soft bright smile
And some color in your cheeks
I see a glimpse of your heart
And I am breathless by its beauty.

I see a gentle secret soul
Full of individuality and grace
On my heart your smile takes its toll
As you start to fill that empty space

I catch your eyes watching
Captivated by me
As I am by you
Playing with my hair
Saying small sweet things
To show you care.

Everything I want to learn
About your courageous heart
And the more we begin to yearn
The more I can't wait to start.

---
For the person who was also the subject of 'My Knight in Shining Armor has Purple Hair'. Thank you, Mikey, for bringing us together. He's no longer the kid I see in the hallways and wish I knew. Now, I know him, thanks to you.

2 comments:

  1. It is always good to read a poem about a first love or crush....I am happy for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't my first crush/love... but he's still very important :) He's like having a first crush all over again.
    Thanks for your reads!
    -Ousma

    ReplyDelete