"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

(Dear Marius) Remembering the Impact (a poem, a dedication)

Dear Marius
Remembering the Impact
Written May 14th, 2011
My heart pounds as I answer the phone
Something is wrong
In my heart, I already know
And it rings true in her somber tone
“Faith, you’re not going to believe me
When I say this,”
I stand there, fresh-awake
And alone
Breathless, waiting for the impact
“But I’m not joking,”
And I know she isn’t
I wish she was
“Mikey died in a fire last night.”
And it’s these seven words
That turn my world upside-down
And shatter reality
I watch it fall in shards around me
Wet and red with blood
Cut fresh from my heart

It’s been three weeks
One hour
Twenty-five minutes
Since you left this world
A blink in eternity,
Yet in my heart
It’s been an eternity
Since I last saw you smile
Eons since that phone call
But I remember it all
That moment, her words, my heartbreak
Like it just happened
It will remain that clear in my memory
Until the day my heart stops beating
And my eyes no longer see

And just as this moment remains
So does your face, your smile
The resonating laugh
Engraved in my brain
When I am suffocating from pain
I can imagine your smile
Stretched wide on friendly cheeks
Sparkling green eyes
The look that lit up my weeks
I picture it clear as day
And the pain,
The pain; it fades away
----

Mikey, I miss you more and more every day. I wish I could say more. But that's the truth, plain and simple. There's an ache in my heart that will never ever go away. And I still have this sense that it isn't real. That you'll be back. I wonder how long I'll feel like that before I finally give up? I wish you'd come back. But you had a purpose, and you fulfilled it, and your time is done. Simple as that. The pianos all still seem so empty without your fingers.





No comments:

Post a Comment