"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Sunday, February 27, 2011

*Angels (a poem)

Angels
I was certain that I could hear beautiful angels singing in that moment
As the dying sunlight streamed in through the window
Lighting up the green and underlying gold
Of your hazel eyes… so captivating
It was as though even the angels were envious
As you kissed my lips so gently, so carefully
Were you afraid that I might break into a million tiny pieces?

So beautiful were you, my fallen angel,
Perhaps the singing was from you brethren
Missing you and calling you back home
If you wanted to go back, I wouldn’t stop you
So long as my angel is happy

I could not stop the tears
From escaping their prison
How could I?
When someone so perfect held me in his arms
Kissed me, told me he loved me,
Then had to go
How long would I have to wait
For you to come back to me?
-I don’t want to think about it-
You kissed away my tears, and I saw concern there
In the brilliant green and underlying gold
You don’t want to fly away home
And I don’t want you to either
But it is beyond our control

My angel… someday we can fly away home together
So long as I’m with you my love, I am home
Escape to the streets of Venice
Where angels dance among pigeons and doves
Where the river sparkles under ember sunlight
Where we found love
Where I found you, an angel among pigeons and doves
Now you dance with me
I am the most fortunate person you will ever see
I have not money nor mansion nor grace
But I have the essence of life itself
I found that in you… I found love, deep and pure
Is it too early to say
That I want to keep it forever?
I was certain that I could hear beautiful angels
Singing in that moment
As the dying sunlight streamed in through the window
Lighting up the brilliant green
And underlying gold
Of your hazel eyes… so captivating
It was as though even the angels were envious
As you kissed my lips so gently, so carefully
Were you afraid that I might break into a million tiny pieces?
I’m not going anywhere, my angel
And I’m not breaking unless you fly away forever

No comments:

Post a Comment