"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Betrayed (a poem)

Betrayed
-Written February 27th, 2011

I sit here before this blank page
A threshold to emotional release
An entrance to my mind
For all to interpret

And yet I cannot describe
What's inside
For once I am speechless
Empty
It's strange for me
Because words are my specialty

All I know
Is I've been betrayed
I've been dropped before
Bruised and battered
But never has my faith
Been shattered
As irrepairable as it is now
I'm not sure how
I can ever trust again

My language
Has come to fail me
Is there any tongue
In which I can confide
To share what's inside?

The word 'anguish'
Doesn't even get me
Close
Not even an almost

So here I'll stay
Writing useless words
On this page
That don't really reveal
How I truly feel
Trapped in my emotional cage
With no hope of release

1 comment:

  1. No words are useless when it comes to releasing your emotions....The reader can feel the emotions and share your saddness as poems come from inside...Well written....Brian

    ReplyDelete