"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweet Dreams (a poem)

Sweet Dreams
-written February 26th, 2011

Love came
To the door of my life
I let it in
With wide-open arms

It filled me
Made me whole
I soared to hieghts
I'd never been before

But as is
With all beautiful things in life
It did not last forever
Dreaming of what could have been

There are days
When the loneliness
Is too much to handle
And wakefullness does not appeal

So I submit
To the soft velvet
Of my beckoning bed
Promising peace, and sleep

A simple, harmless escape
From unbearable pain
My dreams call to me
Vivid and bright

I can fly
I can save the day
Survive and epic journey
Kiss and mysterious handsome mad

And I feel it all
As though I were awake
My dreams rarely disappoint
A blessing

I awake
From my little escape
Refreshed and ready to face
The ups and downs of reality

Suffering no consequence
From the adventures
Of my detour
To the wilderness of my mind

I will carry on
Through the pain
Maybe someday
Find love again

Keeping in mind
I am just as beautiful
With or without
Love's sweet embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment