"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dream Reality (a poem)

Dream Reality
written February 2011
I shiver
As you brush my hair back
Warm fingertips
Skim across my cheek
You're looking at me
In a way I can't describe
I know you're nervous
But you're sure
So am I

I hold my breath
As you come closer
Put your arms
Around my waist
Pull me in
Pressed to your chest
I peer up at you
My heart pounding
Your hair falls over our faces

I clutch your shirt
As you press your nose
Into my cheek
Our foreheads meet
Eyeless flutters
Against eyelash
You're waiting
For a protest
That I don't have

I close my eyes
As our lips
Brush slightly
But don't quite meet
You're teasing me
Playful sparkling eyes
I wrap my arms
Around your neck
Smiling

I gasp
As you lift me
Just off the ground
In an embrace
No more teasing
You pull me
Right into your lips
Soft, warm, wet
All I've ever wanted

I sit up
As my alarm rings
Stare sadly
At the wall
Just a dream
It felt real
But now it's already fading
My hands still warm
My lips still wet

I sigh
As I replay it
In my mind
Before it's gone
For good
I think
Of the way you looked at me
It was a dream, yet more real
Than any look he's ever given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment