"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away." -Shing Xiong *** "Do not go where the path may lead; instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson *** "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." -G. Randolf *** "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -E.M. Forster *** "Imagnination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein *** Defintion of Suburbia: A place where they cut down trees and name streets after them. -(Unknown, found on sticker) :p *** "A lie goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill***"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly." -Louis Ginsberg ***"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

School Night (a poem)

School Night
Written March 1st, 2011

I have found the perfect spot
That melts me into the mattress
I am perfectly comfortable
Finally
I start to drift to sleep

Then, as I am on the edge
The brink
of dreams
A new thought enters
Something I have not yet considered

I am wide awake again
This new thought
My new focus
Distracting me
From the rest I sought

Suddenly my new wakefullness
Makes me more aware
Of my body
Seperate being from the mattress
We are no longer the perfect pair

So I toss
I turn
I flip
I adjust
Till I find a better spot

Close my eyes
My mind goes blank
Down into oblivion I sink
I am on the edge of dreams
The brink...

A new thought enters
Something I have not yet considered
This new focus
Distracting me
The cycle starts again

No comments:

Post a Comment